Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Two great Sportsbars


Football is finally back and I can't stress how excited I am. When we lived in the real world, we'd spend our Sundays at Hooters, parked at a table that offered us a view of as many tvs as possible.
There's nothing like cheering on your team and seeing the regulars each week. (Hey to Kurt) Mark's a die hard Packers fan and I came back to the fold (as a 17 year fan) after I'd had a couple of years to bitch about the whole Favre fiasco.


If you find yourself in town on gameday, there are two places I'd recommend. If you have a crowd with you, check out Jack Flats on Duval. They have a couple dozen tv's and lots of extra large tables that would accommodate parties of 6 or more. Their grouper sandwich is messy but really good.



an old photo of me from last season. 

If you're alone, or your group can hustle, hurry over to JDL's at 920 Caroline Street, there's street parking nearby. (Their meatloaf is to die for) The place is small and gets packed quickly but the manager fills every empty seat. They're pretty good about trying to seat like minded fans together so go with the flow and you'll make some new friends.

Less than 24 hours to kickoff. Go Pack! On Sunday :)


1 comment:

  1. There are like, 12 words in the post that I have no idea what they mean. What is a "Pack"...and why should it "go." LOL....

    ReplyDelete